Price’s Patent Candles Ltd is a thriving business that began manufacturing candles in 1830. By the end of the century, the company was the largest maker of candles in the world and is still as successful to this day. As such, it holds a Royal Warrant for Her Majesty The Queen – this special Royal Status means they supply candles for many Royal State occasions.
Price’s Patent Candles Ltd
Price’s Patent Candles Ltd streamlined telephone system has significantly improved their customer service to bring great benefits to their business.
In 2017, Nik Gazis, IT Manager at Prices Candles, was given the task of giving their current communication system an overhaul.
Nik Gazis began his research of the marketplace to find a trusted partner to work with him to find the best option for their rapidly growing business.
The new system needed to:
- Be compatible with a mobile workforce who travel internationally
- Solve a variety of advertising and technical enquiries
- Provide more agility
- Adhere to the strict IT Network already in place
Prices Patent Candles approached Croft, a Unify Master partner, with the opportunity to replace their existing legacy system with the latest Unify Technology.
The solution put forward by Croft was for an onsite virtualised Unify OpenScape Business S solution. This provided a Unified Communications platform based on the latest IP-based voice technology.
Its presence management and mobility capabilities have helped save time and improve responsiveness, at the same time delivering cost savings over Prices Patent Candles existing legacy platform.
Nik Gazis, IT Manager at Price’s Patent Candles Ltd
" Our legacy system worked well but there were two improvements we really wanted to make. Our staff needed the system to have the flexibility to be able to switch locations and still have the accessibility they would have when in the office. Our call charges were also another issue highlighted, and working with Croft (prev. Direct Comms) to introduce SIP trunks significantly reduced our network services outlay. "
- Improved contact for staff using presence management, mobility and call routing, replacing ‘dead end’ voicemails.
- Enhanced responsiveness for clients and consultants.
- Allowing the business to provide an ‘always on’ services to coincide with their customer’s requirements.
- Enhanced productivity – balance between human interaction and streamlined administration procedures.
- Improved handling of complex technical and sales calls.
- Flexible platform scalable to Prices Candles growth.
- OpenScape Business and UC Applications system allowing the delivery of significant benefits to Prices Candles various service teams.
- System administration has been streamlined, reducing maintenance overheads.